Since September 11, 2001, the United States government has increased its focus on Export Controls, particularly enforcement at universities. Foreign students at universities in this country learning how to use controlled equipment has also become an area of concern.
If you plan to submit a proposal that includes a Foreign Component:
If you answered YES to any of these questions:
- Does a part of the project take place outside the USA or involve shipment of materials or equipment to a foreign country?
- Does the project involve an entity (sponsor, collaborators, consultants, suppliers, etc.) outside the USA?
- Does the project involve a foreign national (including faculty, staff or students)?
- Please contact ORGA so that we can determine what export regulations, if any, apply to your project.
- Check the Foreign Component box on the College's Grant Routing Sheet.
For questions about Research Protections & Compliance contact
Research Protections & Compliance
Office of Research and Grants Administration
Campus Location: 407-F BellSouth (AT&T) Building
Telephone: (843) 953-7421
FAX: (843) 953-6577