The Office of Research and Grants Administration (ORGA) promotes external funding for research, academic projects and scholarly activities, and compliance with applicable regulations and College policies and procedures relating to research activities.
ORGA is a central source of information on major government agencies, foundations, and corporations which impact research and scholarship.
ORGA staff provide individual assistance and group education and training opportunities in the following areas:
Research Protections & Compliance
- Provides support for:
- Research involving Vertebrate Animals (IACUC)
- Research involving Human Participants (IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Export Controls
- Financial Conflict of Interest
- Provides education and training.
- Interprets regulations impacting research.
- Assists with applications, manages the review process, and provides administrative support for the IRB, IACUC, and IBC.
- Assures that policies and procedures for compliance with research-related regulations are up-to-date and reviewed regularly.
Grants and Sponsored Programs
- Promotes the development of external funding strategies for research, academic projects, and institutional priorities.
- Provides resources and assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators in searching for external funding opportunities.
- Assists with preparation and submission of requests for external funding, including grants, sub-awards, and contracts
- Serves as liaison with funding agencies.
- Assists grant awardees with administration issues in conjunction with the Grants Accountant in the Controller's office.
- Provides education and training in all aspects of grantsmanship including grant searching, grant writing, and budget preparation.
- Provides advice and assistance regarding Intellectual property.