The Office of Research and Grants Administration (ORGA) promotes external funding for research, academic projects and scholarly activities, and compliance with applicable regulations and College policies and procedures relating to research activities.
ORGA is a central source of information on major government agencies, foundations, and corporations which impact research and scholarship.
ORGA staff provide individual assistance and group education and training opportunities in the following areas:
Research Protections & Compliance
- Provides support for:
- Provides education and training.
- Interprets regulations impacting research.
- Assists with applications, manages the review process, and provides administrative support for the IRB and IACUC.
- Assures that policies and procedures for compliance with research-related regulations are up-to-date and reviewed regularly.
Grants and Sponsored Programs
- Promotes the development of external funding strategies for research, academic projects, and institutional priorities.
- Provides resources and assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators in searching for external funding opportunities.
- Assists with preparation and submission of requests for external funding, including grants, sub-awards, and contracts
- Serves as liaison with funding agencies.
- Assists grant awardees with administration issues in conjunction with the Grants Accountant in the Controller's office.
- Provides education and training in all aspects of grantsmanship including grant searching, grant writing, and budget preparation.
- Provides advice and assistance regarding Intellectual property.
Utilize resources that are provided for College of Charleston Faculty, Staff, & Students:
- Effort Report eForms
- IRB eForms
- RCR eForms
- Funding Opportunities
- Funding Alert Subscriptions
A revised version of the NSF Grant General Conditions (GC-1) has been posted to the NSF website. This document has been updated to implement changes necessitated by 2 CFR § 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance).
The Research Terms and Conditions (RTCs) normally are applicable to NSF grants to universities and other non-profit organizations. However, the RTCs are currently being revised by a working group of the National Science and Technology Council’s Research Business Models Subcommittee. Until the RTCs become effective, the GC-1 will serve as the applicable terms and conditions for all NSF grants.
The revised GC-1 will apply to all new NSF grants and funding amendments to existing NSF grants issued on or after December 26, 2014. Parallel changes will be made to the remaining suite of NSF terms and conditions.
This document is applicable to all applications submitted, or due, to NSF on or after December 26, 2014.