The Office of Research and Grants Administration (ORGA) promotes external funding for research, academic projects and scholarly activities, and compliance with applicable regulations and College policies and procedures relating to research activities.
ORGA is a central source of information on major government agencies, foundations, and corporations which impact research and scholarship.
ORGA staff provide individual assistance and group education and training opportunities in the following areas:
Research Protections & Compliance
- Provides support for:
- Provides education and training.
- Interprets regulations impacting research.
- Assists with applications, manages the review process, and provides administrative support for the IRB and IACUC.
- Assures that policies and procedures for compliance with research-related regulations are up-to-date and reviewed regularly.
Grants and Sponsored Programs
- Promotes the development of external funding strategies for research, academic projects, and institutional priorities.
- Provides resources and assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators in searching for external funding opportunities.
- Assists with preparation and submission of requests for external funding, including grants, sub-awards, and contracts
- Serves as liaison with funding agencies.
- Assists grant awardees with administration issues in conjunction with the Grants Accountant in the Controller's office.
- Provides education and training in all aspects of grantsmanship including grant searching, grant writing, and budget preparation.
- Provides advice and assistance regarding Intellectual property.
Utilize resources that are provided for College of Charleston Faculty, Staff, & Students:
- Effort Report eForms
- IRB eForms
- RCR eForms
- Funding Opportunities
- Funding Alert Subscriptions
Important Reminder Regarding Implementation of the New Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide
The new NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) will be in effect for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 25, 2016.
FastLane will expand automated compliance checking; proposals that do not comply with the requirements will be prevented from submission. A complete list of significant changes accompanies the PAPPG.
ORGA staff will be happy to discuss any questions about these changes.